The Senior Pastor we are looking for will lead us in prayerfully discerning and further clarifying our church vision. He will provide leadership and supervision for implementing that vision through the various ministries of the church. The Senior Pastor shall be a man who has been called of God and is under the leadership of the Holy Spirit. He is responsible for providing spiritual instruction and strategic leadership to the members, staff and ministries of the church.
The man who accepts this senior pastor position must meet the qualifications found in Titus 1:1-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-7. He must hold to the inerrancy of the Bible and subscribe to the Church’s constitution and by-laws. He shall be an ordained minister by authority of the New Testament church.
It is preferred that the Pastor meet certain educational and experiential requirements as well. These include a minimum of a Bachelor Degree from a seminary and at least 3-5 years’ experience as a Pastor in a Baptist Church.
The Senior Pastor handles detailed, complex concepts and problems, balances multiple tasks simultaneously, and makes appropriate, prayerfully considered decisions. He is to convey a professional and faith-filled attitude regarding Faith, while demonstrating his commitment to continued personal growth and professional development. He must be a fellow learner and a disciple of Jesus, himself.
Our Three-Fold Focus:
1. Glorify God in Worship
2. Grow Together in Discipleship
3. Go Serve through Evangelism
Primary Functions (including but not limited to):
- Plan and conduct worship services, develop sermons, plan with music leadership and lead in the observance of ordinances.
- Gospel-Centered - demonstrate effective ways to witness and win the lost to salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Communicate vision in writing and speech
- Recruit, evaluate and provide supervision of church staff (Delegate, Empower, Equip)
- Lead the congregation in effective programs to fulfill the Great Commission with vision, purpose and priority.
- Work with key leaders to carry out the mission and purpose of the church.
- Visit and minister to members and visitors in homes, nursing care facilities, and hospitals
- Model church core values
- Maintain a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through daily Bible study and prayer.
- Conduct counseling sessions, perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services.
- Oversee, along with other leaders, all church discipline matters and the management of conflict issues in the church.
What We Offer:
Salary will be commensurate with your education, your experience and the demands of a church our size. Benefits (vacation, sick time, personal days, etc.) and professional expenses such as conference expense and continuing education, will be negotiated and agreed upon before hire and reviewed at least annually.
Send your resume and answers to the following questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.